Music Video Song Idea's
Before the start of my course work I knew I wanted to create a piece of media which had meaning and purpose. Making a music video or short film on a serious topic is out of my comfort zone however I want to prove my self as an amateur director. Finding the appropriate music for my topic of mental health and eating disorders was relatively hard as the topic is not generally spoke out in the music industry. The pop song Who You Are by Jessie Jay is a perfect song which inspires people to be themselves and not worry about there appearance, piano cover by Anne Clendening is even more moving however I want to avoid using mainstream music.Trough looking at all genres of music I found the rock genre was more open to speaking about issues such as mental health.
The lyrics from the song Drown by Bring Me The Horizon are perfect for my work however I found the backing music in the original song was distracting audiences away from the meaning and emotion within the lyrics. The cover by Faith Marie was a perfect alternative for the original, the piano backing track really compliments the passionate voice of the artist. This will be perfect in reinforcing the effect of the visuals on the audience as it creates a dark atmosphere.
The chores is very effective in showing the desperation and loneliness of the artist, the repetition
of the rhetorical questions represent the artist as extremely vulnerable showing how people with mental illnesses need and want help. The metaphorical use of drown will be used in my work,the girls eating disorder will be drowning her.
Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
Who will make me fight? Drag me out alive?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
The chores is very effective in showing the desperation and loneliness of the artist, the repetition
of the rhetorical questions represent the artist as extremely vulnerable showing how people with mental illnesses need and want help. The metaphorical use of drown will be used in my work,the girls eating disorder will be drowning her.
Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
Who will make me fight? Drag me out alive?
Save me from myself, don't let me drown.
Comments
Post a Comment