Green Screen

Green Screen 

Green Screen will be used for my final music video to give an visual representation of how the character feels. Throughout the video I want the opacity of the hole to fade to show how she is improving her mental state. This effect will be achieved on the platform Final Cut Express and its purpose is to attract the audiences attention.

The green piece of paper was purposely positioned where my characters heart would be, this is an symbolic code as they are multiple readings into this. For example it implies that the character feels empty or that she is heartless, the preferred reading to is that she is suffering from mental health and feels they is hole within her. To create the green screen effect I went onto effects on the top bar of Final Cut Express then went into the Key bar to then Chroma Keyer.


Once the effect was added to the video I went into the editing section so I could program in the colour I wanted Final Cut Express to detect. In order for the effect to work I moved the bars towards the green on the colour scale, this put an effect on anything which was green within the shot. The location for my practise shot caused some issues due to the yellow background being picked up by the green screen effect, however after playing with the the colour scale this problem was resolved. When creating my music video I need to be very wary of the location when wanting to use the green screen effect as I don't want only bright colours to interfere with the green screen editing process. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodwins Theory

Progress Report