Ancillery Audience Feedback

Audience of all ages and genders have been asked to give feedback on my ancillary music album draft. This will help improve my product as ideas and issues will be addressed further developing my creative process. The questions asked were ...

What do you think about the colour scheme of my album cover?
Do you like the font used? if not why ?
Do you like the cartoon visuals?
Would you pick up and look at this album cover?
What genre do you think this music cover is for?
Out of 10 how professional does my album look?
What are your liked and most disliked elements of my album cover?
What elements do you feel are missing from my album cover?
Overall how would you rate my album cover out of 10?

The feedback given to me was rather positive, audiences liked and praised my design. Elements which were most liked were the bright and vivid colour scheme, many said this would have attracted them to looking at my music album within a store. Other comments were that it looked very different and nothing like an album cover they have seen before. This can be interpreted as a negative as it implies my work doesn't resemble a professional digipak. On other hand it shows that my work is new and creative testing the conventions of an album cover.

The constructive feedback given was mostly to do with my font and missing features such as a spine and small print. The issues addressed with the font was that only one was used, an professional digipak would have used a variety of fonts. When redesigning my cover I need to research into existing texts and see how different fonts are placed and used.

Out of 10 how professional does my album cover look?

“I think a strong 9 as it looks like something you would pick up in the shop”
“Id give in a 7.5 as I have never seen an album cover which looks like this one”
“8 as it looks decent”
“It looks quite professional and polished id give it an 8 some small text is needed”

Do you like the font used?

“I don't like it, looks like the font would be put in a nursery” 
“I like it, its very bold however I cant read some of the writing”
“The font is small in the right hand side however apart from that it is nice and stands out”
“It is nice however it can be hard to read around the S’s”

What elements do you dislike most on my album cover?

“I dislike the imagery in the top right corner I am unsure to what it is”
“I don't like the font it is childish”
“The font is to small in the top right hand corner”

Would you pick up this album cover in a shop?

“Yes, I would as it looks different and it would intrigue me”
“Yeah defiantly”
“Yes the colour scheme attracts my attention”
“Yes I feel the imagery is very interesting and an enigma”

What genre do you think this album is for?

“Maybe pop or a pop and alternative hybrid”
“Pop maybe. I get lord vibes”
“Maybe rock due to the character hanging on a cross”
“Its alternative and edgy”

What do you think about the colour scheme of my album cover?

“It is very bright and bubbly”
“I think it has some very complementary colours”
“I think it is a good contrast”
“Its great”













  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodwins Theory

Progress Report